Pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people . (Eph 6:18)
Here are four ways that prayer will transform your life!
1. Prayer releases you from bondage to the spirit of this world so that you can bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit. (Jer 17:7-8)
2. Prayer will change you from lusting after the things of the world to loving the Creator of this world.
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them. For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world. The world and its desires pass away, but whoever does the will of God lives forever. (1 John 2:15-17)
3. Prayer will shift your focus from the brokenness of this world to the redeemer and healer of this world.
Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?” The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed. (Matt 8:7-8)
4. Prayer will transform you from ruminating on the way people relate to you to loving people the way God loves you.
Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. (1 John 4:7-8)
When you get to heaven you will learn of many lives that God has transformed because of your prayers!
Come and Pray
- Pray in the Spirit on all occasions
- Pray in the Spirit for every task and every decision you make at work
- Pray in the Spirit for your family
- Pray in the Spirit for your brothers and sisters in Christ
- Pray in the Spirit with all kinds of prayers and requests
- Pray with Joy!